As the official representation of the United Republic of Tanzania, the High Commission cover all matters concerning diplomatic relations, and has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and Canada.
The High Commission main pre-occupation is to promote Tanzania's economic and other interests. In this regard, the High Commission represents Tanzania’s interests in a range of areas, including, trade, finance, investment, tourism, as well as education, tourism and culture. It reaches out to potential investors, businesses, governmental and non-governmental entities, among others, in the area of accreditation and encouraging them to do business with Tanzania, visit tourist attractions, or do such other things with the aim of strengthening ties with Tanzania.
The High Commission of the United Republic of Tanzania has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Canada as well as the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The High Commission’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. Political Matters
- Maintenance, promotion and expansion of good political relations between Tanzania and Canada
- Promotion and defense of the political and economic interests of Tanzania in Canada
- Promotion and defense of the interests of Tanzanian citizens in Canada
B. Consular Matters
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania national abroad
- Issuance of Emergence Travel documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
- Promotion of economic diplomacy
- Promotion of investments
- Promotion of tourism
D. Other Matters
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our accreditation
- Promoting cultural exchanges between Tanzania and other countries in the area of our accreditation
- Educational and Scientific cooperation