For those who require Police Clearance Certificates regarding “Criminal Records,” you are kindly advised to note that this Embassy does not issue Police Clearance Certificates. You are therefore advised to proceed as follows:
Forensic Bureau - Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters
9 Ghana Ohio Road
P.O. Box 9094
11483 DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
Tel.: +255 22 2110006
Fax: +255 22 2118223
- Get your local police to fingerprint you and send your fingerprints to the following address:-
- Attach a letter requesting a “Certificate of Good Conduct” from the applicant or institution requesting the certificate. The letter should provide details of where you last resided while in Tanzania, showing the name of the district, name of the town, street name (if available), and house number.
- The letter and attachments must be sent by DHL, having paid all shipment and return charges, or Sent by any convenient means, indicating the email address at which the applicant will be notified of the successful issuing of the certificate and communicate on means by which it will be returned to him/her at his/her cost.
- Attach a copy of your passport and a photocopy of the page containing personal particulars.
- Attach two recent passport-size pictures.
- Attach proof of payment (plus overseas charges & Bank clearance charges). This a fee charged by NBC Tanzania; therefore, you will be responsible for the overseas & other bank charges.
- Foreign nationals USD 50.00
- Tanzanian nationals in foreign countries USD 50.00
- Tanzania nationals residing in Tanzania TZS 10,000.00
Payment must be sent to:
NBC Bank - A/C No: 011105003888
ACCOUNT NAME: POLICE FORCE RETENTION COLLECTION ACCOUNT
BRANCH NAME: NBC (CORPORATE BRANCH)
SWIFT CODE: NLCBTZTX
Please Note: Don’t forget to send your recent contact details. If you are required to have the police certificate authenticated, you should send it with prepaid postage or bring it personally to the High Commission / Embassy. The High Commission will, in turn, seek a formal verification from concerned authorities in Tanzania. It may take 2 to 3 working days or even a week, depending on the response from the authorities in Tanzania. You would also be charged a fee of $40. (See also “Authentication Section”).