50USD (single entry) valid for 90 days
100USD (USA nationals) valid for one year
|250 USD (single entry) valid for 90 days|
50 USD (single entry) valid for three months
250 USD (multiple entries) valid for one year
550 USD (PhD student) valid for one year
|Transit Visa||30 USD|
|Referred Visa||50 USD (single entry)|
- Cash is NOT accepted
- All checks and money orders should be made Payable to the High Commission of Tanzania, in Ottawa, Canada
- An additional bank-processing fee of 16.00 USD applies to foreign cheques. Stamps cannot be accepted as payment.
- Next day service is an extra $50 and same day service is available for $100
- ALL APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO OBSERVE AND COMPLY WITH ALL VISA REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
- ALL INCOMPLETE VISA APPLICATIONS SHALL BE RETURNED TO THE SENDER TO BE COMPLETED FIRST.
- Visa Fee is NON REFUNDABLE
Hours of Prepation and Processing time
- Visa Application drop off: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 1.00pm.
- Visa pickups: Monday to Thursday from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm and Friday from 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm
- Visa processing takes a minimum of five (5) working days for regular process.
- The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
- All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- Walk-in is available, no appointment necessary.
- It is emphasized that nationals and persons of the above mentioned countries and/or categories above may not be allowed entry into Tanzania without being in possession of referred visas. See “types of visa” for more information about referred visas
Residence permits are NOT issued at the Embassy