January 9th – 11th, 2023: The High Commission coordinated collaboration between the Gdly. International Canada with Dira Women Organisation DIWO Tanzania to conduct a three-day workshop on innovative businesses for young local women in Tanga. The Workshop focused on
- Understanding self, own purpose, and vision
- Understanding our community, our challenges, and our issues
- How to start your own business
GDLY Inc. is a social impact community platform in Toronto, Canada supports socially and environmentally impactful and innovative business around the world and raise awareness of the well-being of the people and the planet through brand campaigns and e–commerce and consulting services.
Following the collaboration, Gdly International signed a two–year Activities Level Agreement with the DIWO to support entrepreneurship and SMEs' strategic development for women and youth in Tanga Region. The Agreement signed entails the following, among others.
- Conducting workshops for women in Tanga.
- Monitoring and measuring the social impact process.
- Assist DIWO with office equipment such as computers, laptops, scanners, printing, and a photocopy machine.
- Conducting workshops for women in Tanga Region.
- Monitoring and measuring social–impact processes.
- Assisting DIWO with office equipment such as computers, laptops, scanners, printers, and photocopiers.